The Tokyo Disney Resort and developer, Oriental Land Co., Ltd. announced today that a new family-friendly, affordable 600-room Disney hotel themed after Toy Story will be coming to the resort area during the fiscal year 2021 (their fiscal year runs from April 1, 2021 – March 31, 2022).
Tokyo Disney may already have a Toy Story Mania! ride, Turtle Talk attraction, and amazing Monsters, Inc. Ride & Go Seek ride, but the hotel (if it will look anything like the Shanghai Disney Resort Toy Story Hotel), will be a game-changing Pixar attraction. Additional details from the press release are below, along with sample photos of the Shanghai Disney Toy Story Hotel for reference.
From the hotel exterior to the spacious gardens, Guests will enjoy a world where everything looks like it is made of toys. The guest rooms are inspired by Andy’s bedroom, where Woody, Buzz Lightyear and all the other toys live, designed with colorful furniture and other immersive features inspired by the world of Toy Story.
Background Story for Tokyo Disney hotel: Andy, the little boy who loves his toys – Woody, Buzz Lightyear and the rest – has embarked on the ultimate backyard project: a building to house all his toys. When Andy is called away by his mom, his toys and their helpers take over the “toy” tower and open it as a hotel for all the “honorary” toys of the world.
- Hotel Name: To be announced
- Location: 1-43, 46, 47 Maihama, Urayasu-shi, Chiba
- Management Form: Owner — Oriental Land Co., Ltd., Management/Operations — Milial Resort Hotels Co., Ltd. (Tentative) (100% subsidiary of Oriental Land Co., Ltd.)
- Structure: 11 floors above ground, one basement
- Floor Space: About 40,000 Square Meters (hotel building only) — or 430,500 Square Feet
- Number of Rooms: About 600 rooms
- Facilities: Restaurant, Disney shop, parking, etc.
Pixar Post — T.J.