The nominations for the 77th Golden Globe Awards have been announced with Pixar’s Toy Story 4 receiving high honors with a nomination for Best Motion Picture — Animated. The award ceremony will be held on January 5, 2020 at 8 PM/EST on NBC.
The history behind the Golden Globes category for Best Animated Feature Film began in the 2006/2007 award season (64th Annual Golden Globes) with Pixar Animation Studios claiming the coveted award each nominated year until the 2011/2012 award season when The Adventures of Tintin was awarded over Cars 2. During the 71st Annual Golden Globes, Pixar’s Monsters University was the studio’s first film that had been omitted from the Best Animated Feature Film category with the three nominations going to The Croods, Frozen and Despicable Me 2. See below for a complete Golden Globe history of the Best Animated Feature Film category winners.
- 2006 – Cars
- 2007 – Ratatouille
- 2008 – Wall•E
- 2009 – Up
- 2010 – Toy Story 3
- 2011 – The Adventures of Tintin (Cars 2 received a nomination)
- 2012 – Brave
- 2013 – Frozen (Monsters University was omitted)
- 2014 – How to Train Your Dragon 2 (No Pixar Animation Studios film was released)
- 2015 – Inside Out (The Good Dinosaur was also nominated)
- 2016 – Zootopia (Finding Dory was omitted)
- 2017 – Coco (Cars 3 was omitted)
- 2018 – Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse (Incredibles 2 received a nomination)
The 77th Annual Golden Globes Best Animation Film Nominations
Congratulations to the Toy Story 4 team on this prestigious recognition. Be sure to share your thoughts with other Pixar fans in the Pixar Post Forum and state your prediction for the 77th Annual Golden Globe Awards.
Pixar Post — Julie