Pixar’s latest billion-dollar global box office success, Toy Story 4 is gearing up for an early Fall home release. On October 1, Toy Story 4 will be available on Movies Anywhere and on October 8 fans will be able to purchase 4K Ultra HD, Blu-ray, and DVD versions of the film.
The Toy Story 4 extras include new deleted scenes (such as an alternate ending), a featurette with an endearing look back on Woody and Buzz’s legendary friendship throughout the years, entertaining Studios Stories shared by members of the Pixar team, conversations with the vocal cast and filmmakers, a nostalgic look back at the creation and first storyboard screening of Toy Story with filmmakers, and so much more!
Check out even more editions of the Toy Story 4 in-home release in the Pixar Post Forum — and, share your thoughts on the release and special features as they’re announced as well.
Note: Pixar Post may receive a commission for items purchased through affiliate links in this article — we thank you for your support.
Amazon’s listing for the Toy Story 4 Blu-ray includes a few more special feature details — listed below.
- Deleted Scenes
- General Introduction with Josh Cooley
- Scamming Playtime With Introduction
- Bo Knows Hippos With Introduction
- Desperate Toys With Introduction
- Knock-Offs With Introduction
- Recruit Duke With Introduction
- She’s the One With Introduction
- ANATOMY OF A SCENE Playground
- CARNIVAL PRIZES (Toolkit Montage)
- LET’S RIDE with Ally Maki (A featurette on Pixar’s dialogue recording process based around Ally Maki, the voice of Giggle McDimples)
- TOY BOX (Mini documentaries based on the film’s new characters, featuring the voice actors, Cooley and various Pixar artists discussing the various elements that go into making animated characters memorable and lovable)
- Ducky & Bunny
- Duke Caboom
- Gabby Gabby & Her Gang
- Giggle McDimples
- Toy Story 4 Trailers
- Booth – Global Teaser in Spanish
- Freedom – Global Trailer in Russian
- German Scary Trailer
- Pixar Pedigree – Exclusive for China
- Playtime – Global Trailer in English
- TOY VIEW
- CARNIVAL RUN
- VIEW FROM THE ROOF
- WOODY & BUZZ (Featurette looking back at the relationship between two legendary animated characters)
- AUDIO COMMENTARY
- BO REBOOTED (How Bo Beep’s character was reimagined)
- TOY STORIES (Cast and crew members share their love of toys)
Digital Exclusive Extras:
- Anatomy of a Scene: Prologue – Filmmakers and crew review key scenes of the movie and dissect the practical and technological methods used to bring them to life
- Additional Deleted scene – Bonnie’s Playtime
Forbes also added — The 4K Blu-ray will carry a Dolby Atmos soundtrack, while the HD Blu-ray gets a 7.1 DTS HDMA mix. There’s no information on the 4K Blu-ray’s video formats, but based on recent Disney releases it’s highly likely that we should (sadly) only expect the film to arrive in standard HDR10 form, with no Dolby Vision or HDR10+ support.
Pixar Post — Julie & T.J.