Finding Dory continues to smash records as it has recently passed Dreamworks’, Shrek 2 to become the highest-grossing domestic animated film of all time — and the good news is that the film isn’t even out of theaters yet, so it will continue to stretch its lead at the top.
UPDATED: Finding Dory has surpassed $1 Billion – read our updated post.
Top 5 Grossing Animated Films of All Time (as of July 17 via Box Office Mojo).
- Finding Dory (2016) – $445.5 million
- Shrek 2 (2004) – $441.2 million
- The Lion King (1994) – $422.7 million
- Toy Story 3 (2010) – $415 million
- Frozen (2013) – $400.7 million
As of July 17, the film has netted a box office pull of $722 Million worldwide — well on its way to hopefully reaching the One-Billion mark with some markets still untapped. Be sure to “sea” Finding Dory in theaters again soon.