As the theatrical release for The Good Dinosaur nears we couldn’t help but spread the word that a series of activity books, coloring books, and reading books (including the amazing The Art of The Good Dinosaur) have been popping up on Amazon to pre-order.
The books will be released between October 2015 – January 2016 and feature new characters that have yet to be seen in any official trailers or teasers. Below are the titles sorted by release date – click any title to order.
Note: Pixar Post may receive a commission for items purchased through affiliate links in this article — we thank you for your support.
- The Good Dinosaur Little Golden Book – 24 pages
- The Good Dinosaur Big Golden Book – 64 pages
- The Good Dinosaur Junior Novelization – 128 pages. This book retells the whole exciting story and features eight pages of full-color scenes from the movie.
- The Good Dinosaur: A Berry for Arlo (board book) – 38 pages. This hilarious, die-cut board book is the best way to meet your favorite new prehistoric pack of characters!
- The Good Dinosaur: Adventures with Arlo – 12 pages. This innovative book telescopes up in three sections. When fully extended, book is almost two feet tall!
- The Good Dinosaur Chunky Crayon Book – 48 pages. Includes four chunky crayons and more than 50 colorful stickers to enjoy!
- Critters and Creatures Jumbo Coloring Book – 224 pages. This jumbo coloring book has over 200 images to color and more than 50 stickers!
- A Dino Named Arlo/A Boy Named Spot – 24 pages. Storybook based on the film that features two stories and over 50 stickers.
- Crash, Boom, Roar! Deluxe Step Into Reading – 24 pages. This Step 1 “Step into Reading” leveled reader based on the film features a shiny foil cover and over 30 shiny stickers.
- The Journey Home Deluxe Step Into Reading #2 – 24 pages. This Step 2 “Step into Reading” leveled reader based on the film features collector cards and a shiny foil cover.
- A Wild Adventure Big Coloring Book – 48 pages. This oversized activity book is complete with puzzles, mazes, over 50 stickers, and a built-in handle for fun on the go!
- Spot Leads the Way (Deluxe Paint Box Book) – 128 pages. This deluxe paint box book includes 16 watercolors, a sturdy paintbrush, and over 60 images to paint!
- The Good Dinosaur: A Friend in the Wild (includes an eBook) – 44 pages. This jacketed picture book features everyone’s favorite new prehistoric characters and is complemented by stunning original artwork.
- The Good Dinosaur Read-Along Storybook and CD – 32 pages. This storybook-and-CD set features thrilling sound effects, word-for-word narration, and original movie voices!
- The Art of The Good Dinosaur – 168 pages – Forward by John Lasseter and Introduction by Peter Sohn.
- The Good Dinosaur Cinestory Comic – 384 pages. By adapting the film script to comic format and using screen grabs of the film to create a continuous book-length comic story–as has been done with the successful Disney Frozen and Disney-Pixar Inside Out cinestories–The Good Dinosaur will be a hit with all fans of animation and comics.
- Arlo’s World Deluxe Pictureback – 16 pages. Full-color storybook based on the film—with collector cards and over 30 stickers!
- Hello, Arlo! Tabbed Board Book – 16 pages. This sturdy board book featuring six colorful tabs.
- Dino-Mite Tales Friendship Box – 48 pages. This sturdy boxed set of four board books has a handle and features all the amazing creatures from Disney/Pixar The Good Dinosaur.
- Big Dinosaur, Little Dinosaur Deluxe Step Into Reading #3 – 24 pages. This deluxe Step 2 “Step into Reading” leveled reader—with a glittery cover and over 30 sparkly stickers!—based on the film.
In addition to the plethora of “Good Dino” books, a special “Art of” book will be released on December 1, showcasing the upcoming short film Sanjay’s Super Team (paired with The Good Dinosaur). This release will mark the first time that Pixar has featured an “Art of” book surrounding one particular short – as the previous release was a collection of numerous short films.