In less than two weeks, you’ll be able to relive the amazing adventure of Elastigirl and the entire Incredibles family when the digital release hits televisions everywhere (October 23). (The 4K Ultra HD and Blu-ray hits store shelves two weeks later on November 6.)
We can’t wait to dive into all the special features that look at how the film was created — it’s always our favorite part of being able to watch the movies at home again. You can check out the full list of special features below and even watch a few clips highlighting the behind-the-scenes looks and a deleted scene as well.
Now we just have to decide what we’re going to watch first? Should we watch the movie again, or go straight for our favorite part, the Director’s Commentary (with Tony Fucile, Alan Barillaro, Dave Mullins, and Brett Parker). It doesn’t list Brad Bird on the special features though, so we’re hoping he makes an appearance.
Note: Pixar Post may receive a commission for items purchased through affiliate links in this article — we thank you for your support.
BONUS FEATURES (may vary by retailer)
- The Coolest Guy in Show Business – In this partially illustrated documentary, Samuel L. Jackson reflects how his childhood and love of comics shaped his passion for film and imaginative storytelling.
- 2 SuperScene Breakdowns – Casual commentary-style pieces looking at specific scenes in the film (The Racoon Fight and Mrs. Incredible) through a particular creative focus like action choreography, set design or story.
Blu-ray & Digital:
- All-New “Auntie Edna” Mini-Movie – When Bob Parr visits super-suit designer Edna Mode looking for help with his high-energy toddler Jack-Jack, Edna pulls an all-nighter designing a suit to harness the baby’s seemingly limitless powers.
- 10 Deleted Scenes With Introductions (Many clips below from various websites with exclusive sneak peeks) – Suburban Escape, Kari Revisited, Return of the Supers, Chewed Out, Late Audition, Slow Day, Frozone and Honey, Restaurant Robbery, Fashion Show and Security Breakdown.
- Super Stuff – From buildings and vehicles to costumes and props, every action movie requires a lot of really cool stuff. Meet the makers and learn what it takes to design and build such a uniquely incredible world.
- Heroes & Villains – A collection of mini-docs about the backstory and major design ideas behind the “Incredibles 2” characters — featuring voice actors, director Brad Bird, and Pixar artists talking about the many elements that make these characters feel real.
There is also a 1:20 snippet of Frozone’s character and the animation behind it on Comicbook.com’s site and a video taking a look a the fashion and influence of Edna Mode on the D23 site.
- Ralph Eggleston: Production Designer – This short piece explores the many ways a single production designer has influenced the look, feel and character of the Pixar universe, culminating in “Incredibles 2.”
- Strong Coffee: A Lesson in Animation with Brad Bird – Brad Bird’s passion for animation dates back to his childhood and mentorship under Disney’s Milt Kahl, and that enthusiasm and powerful insight emanates from every film he’s made. Take a deep dive into Brad’s early years at Disney Animation Studios and his time at Pixar.
- Paths to Pixar: Everyday Heroes – At its heart, “Incredibles 2” is about family dynamics and the challenges of being a working parent. Meet the parents of Pixar as they discuss their personal connections to the film and their experience with stretching to balance work and family.
- SuperBaby – A documentary/hip hop music video hybrid hosted by Frankie and Paige from Disney Channel’s Bizaardvark. This piece explores how Jack-Jack came to life onscreen — from design to special effects to animation — all set to a hot beat.
- Commentary – Get inside commentary from animators Alan Barillaro (supervising animator), Tony Fucile (supervising animator, story artist, and character designer), Dave Mullins (supervising animator), and Bret Parker (animation second unit and crowds supervisor).
- Theatrical Short: “Bao” – An aging Chinese mom suffering from empty nest syndrome gets another chance at motherhood when one of her dumplings springs to life as a lively, giggly dumpling boy.
- Making “Bao” – Director Domee Shi shares her secret recipe for making an animated short — discussing how her rich cultural heritage, unique relationship with her mom, and her love of food all informed the making of the food-fantasy “Bao.”
- Outtakes & Stories – Raccoon Fight Story, Evelyn Animation Outtakes, Puppet Animator Interview, Outtakes Goofy Arms Story, and SuperBaby Music Video.
- Character Theme Songs, Vintage Toy Commercial TV Spots, Toolkit Montage, and Global “Incredibles 2” Trailers
- Theatrical Short: “Bao” & Commentary
- Product SKUs
- Digital = 4K UHD, HD, SD
- Physical = 4K Ultra HD Combo Pack (4K UHD+Blu-ray Feature+Blu-ray Bonus+Digital Copy), Multi-Screen Edition (Blu-ray Feature+Blu-ray Bonus+DVD+Digital Copy), and DVD
- Feature Run Time: Approximately 118 minutes
- Rating: PG in U.S., PG in CE, and G in CF
- Aspect Ratio: 2.39:1
- Resolution: 4K UHD = 3840 x 2160, HD = 1920 x 1080, SD = 720 x 480. Some flashing-lights scenes in 4K UHD (physical and digital) versions may effect photosensitive viewers.
- 4K UHD Blu-ray = English Dolby Atmos, English, Spanish and French 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus, English 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio
- 4K UHD Digital = English Dolby Atmos (platform dependent), English 7.1 (platform dependent), English, Spanish & French 5.1, English, Spanish & French 2.0
- Blu-ray = English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, English 5.1 DTS-HDHR, English 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio
- DVD = English, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks, English 2.0 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio
- HD Digital = English 7.1 (platform dependent), English, Spanish & French 5.1, English, Spanish & French 2.0
- Subtitles: Blu-ray = English SDH, Spanish, and French Subtitles
- Closed Captions: Digital = English; DVD = English
Order Incredibles 2 at Target, Best Buy, Amazon, iTunes, Disney Movie Club or Vudu.
Pixar Post — Julie & T.J.