It’s finally here — it’s time for Pixar Fest! Announced by Disney Parks Chairman, Bob Chapek during the D23 Expo, Pixar Fest is a celebration like no other.
Kicking off April 13, 2018, Disneyland Resort guests are invited to celebrate alongside their favorite Pixar characters and be immersed in the magic that only Disney and Pixar could create. This unique celebration runs through September 3, 2018, and includes the return of the guest-favorite “Paint the Night” parade, Pixar Fest merchandise and of course, limited-time Instagram-worthy food options.
We have compiled a complete list of everything you need to know before visiting Pixar Fest at the Disneyland Resort — including full menus and behind-the-scene videos of what to expect.
An all-new nighttime spectacular will take place at the Disneyland Resort, taking guests on an emotional journey of friendship with their favorite Pixar Pals. Together Forever — A Pixar Nighttime Spectacular will kick off during Pixar Fest on April 13, see the video embedded below for a short making-of video.
In addition, the popular Paint the Night parade will return, this time to the Disney California Adventure park. The nighttime parade features many Pixar stories, including Toy Story, Monsters, Inc., and Cars (an Incredibles float, as shown below will join the parade in June).
With the return of the “Paint the Night” parade comes additional floats, including an appearance of the iconic Pixar Lamp and other new parade elements featuring characters from Up and Inside Out.
Daytime entertainment will include the Pixar Shorts Film Festival at the Sunset Showcase Theater in Hollywood Land, Disney’s California Adventure park. This unique showcase will feature favorite short films such as Lava and For the Birds. Disney is noting that the Pixar Short Film Festival will take place for most of the Pixar Fest duration, however, it may conclude before September 3.
A new musical troupe will be located in the Paradise Gardens area and will feature meet and greets with some of your favorite Pixar characters — this location will also have special crafts and activities suited for children.
For all the foodies visiting the Disneyland Resort during Pixar Fest, prepare to have your Instagram ready! As numerous limited-time food options will be available throughout the resort for the duration of Pixar Fest (April 13 through September 3, 2018) — including the ultimate transformation of the existing Redd Rocket Pizza Port into Alien’s Pizza Planet, where guests can enjoy the official pizza that appears on the famed Pizza Planet Truck (pepperoni, green pepper, and mushroom – see photo below)
Read below for a complete menu of limited-time food offerings
- Fried Bologna Sandwich – Carnation Café, Disneyland
- Pork Chop TV Dinner – Carnation Café, Disneyland
- Merit Badge Éclair – Jolly Holiday Bakery Café, Disneyland
- Up Tart Nutella Pastry with Chocolate Fredricksen House & Balloons – Cappuccino Cart, Disneyland
- Multi-colored Fruity Churro – Main Street, U.S.A Churro Cart
- Root Beer Float Served in a Souvenir
- Woody’s Boot – Golden Horseshoe, Disneyland
- Jessie’s Berry Jubilee Funnel Cake (House-made funnel cake topped with blueberries, strawberries, chocolate cookie crumbles, crème anglaise, white chocolate, and gold-dusted whipped cream) – Stage Door Café, Disneyland
- Lots-o-Straw-“Bear”-y Funnel Cake (Strawberry-cherry topping, strawberry butter and streusel, with spiced syrup drizzle) – Hungry Bear Restaurant, Disneyland
- Lots-o-Straw-“Bear”-y Churros – Tomorrowland, Disneyland
- Alien Macarons –Alien Pizza Planet, Disneyland
- Blackberry Lime Parfait — Alien Pizza Planet, Disneyland
- Green Star Pesto Pasta –Alien Pizza Planet, Disneyland
- Cheeseburger Pizza –Alien Pizza Planet, Disneyland
- Cocoa Churro (Chocolate and vanilla bean dust and salted cinnamon sugar served with a spiced Mexican chocolate dipping sauce) – Frontierland, Disneyland park
- Souvenir Coco Jaritas (mugs) — Rancho del Zocalo in Disneyland, Paradise Garden Grill in Disney California Adventure
- Coco Parfaits and Dante Parfaits
- Mike Wazowski Sourdough Bread – Pacific Wharf Café, Disney California Adventure
- Sulley Premium Popcorn Bucket – All Disneyland Resort popcorn carts
- Mike Wazowski Krispie Treats — Disneyland Resort Candy Kitchens
- Mike Wazowski Sipper – Disney California Adventure park quick-service restaurants
- Color-changing noodles — Lucky Fortune Cookery, Disney California Adventure
- Three-flavored Corn Dog (a spicy hot link, pepper jack cheese, and a cajun chicken sausage with sweet and spicy blackberry sauce) — Corn Dog Castle, Disney California Adventure
Finding Nemo/Finding Dory
- Nemo Caramel Apples and Finding Dory Cake Pops — Disneyland Resort Candy Kitchens
- Finding Nemo and Finding Dory Souvenir Light-Up Sippers — Disneyland and Disney California Adventure
- Three-course Remy-inspired menu at Cafe Orleans featuring Specialty Cheese Flight, Shrimp Ratatouille Byaldi, and Berry-stuffed Beignets with mascarpone cheese
- Pixar Fest Celebration Cake — Plaza Inn in Disneyland, Boardwalk Pizza & Pasta in Disney California Adventure
- Pixar Ball Cake Pops and Caramel Apples — Disneyland Resort Candy Kitchens
Disney has continued to impress us with its merchandise throughout the years — especially at themed events. With certain Pixar Fest items already hitting store shelves this past week, the popularity of one product is already creating a buzz. The Pixar Fest Alien Sipper Souvenir Cup, is the hot item (so far) of Pixar Fest selling out as rapidly as they are stocked on shelves and retailing at only $14.99 this Alien Sipper Cup definitely makes for a “claw-some” souvenir!
Below is just a sampling of a few of the items that will be available for purchase for the duration of Pixar Fest.
Disney always makes sure that unique merchandise is available for their Annual Passholders (AP) during special events and Pixar Fest is no different.
The AP Corner in Paradise Gardens will showcase Pixar-themed decals (which change bi-weekly) and will be up for grabs along with exclusive merchandise, including the must-have Green Alien Popcorn Bucket, and Passholder shirts (shown below via WDWNewsToday). In addition, Annual Passholders will have access to a themed photo location.
Pixar Pier – Opening June 23, 2018
The grand opening of the newly themed Pixar Pier at Disney’s California Adventure (Disneyland Resort) will take place during Pixar Fest on June 23. Formally Paradise Pier, Disney Imagineers have completely renovated and re-imagined the area creating various Pixar-themed “neighborhoods”, The Incredibles, Toy Story, Inside Out and a fourth celebrating guests favorite Pixar stories.
Each “neighborhood” will have newly-themed retail, snack locations, and attractions — including the transformation of King Triton’s Carousel into Jessie’s Critter Carousel. As guests board Jessie’s Critter Carousel they will be able to choose from over 50 unique, brightly-colored critters with the same stylized designs previously seen in “Woody’s Roundup” (Toy Story 2) and on the Toy Story Midway Mania attraction. For a behind-the-scenes look at the Imagineering process, see the embedded video below.
As for the new snack locations, the teams at Disney Imagineering and Pixar Animation Studios have collaborated on four unique eateries, Adorable Snowman Frosted Treats, Señor Buzz Churros, Angry Dogs, and our personal favorite Poultry Palace — we’re just hoping that “Knights of the Fried Table” makes it on the menu.
Recently, director Dave Mullins (LOU) noted on social media that an exclusive LOU print would be available for purchase at the Pixar store in Disney’s California Adventure. We had wondered if a Knick-Knack-themed retail location would be open in time for Pixar Fest. Well, it appears that Knick-Knacks is open as of today (April 12) thanks to a tweet from Tasha Sounart, an Assoc. Creative Director for Theme Parks and Interactive at Pixar Animation Studios (see below).
We are so excited for the kick-off of Pixar Fest and the grand opening of Pixar Pier, this is most certainly going to be an “Incredible” summer. Be sure to share your thoughts on Pixar Fest and Pixar Pier with other Pixar fans in the Pixar Post Forum.