Would you like to feel like you are part of the racing action while watching Cars 3 this weekend? The immersive theater-going experience, 4DX announced that Cars 3 will be the first-ever Pixar film to be released in this format. With 380 theaters around the world, guests will enjoy the fluidity of the 4DX motion chairs that render different levels of speed and intensity – including vibration and wind effects (to name a few) which will pair well with the race scenes of Cars 3.
“We could not have hoped for a better title than ‘Cars 3’ as the first Pixar film to be converted into 4DX. We’re confident that our motion seats and environmental effects will bring every racing scene, every well-loved character, and every aspect of Pixar’s animation to life,” said Byung Hwan Choi, CEO, CJ 4DPLEX.
There are currently only 9 theaters within the United States that offer 4DX technology, see below.
- Cinepolis Vista Vista Village – 25 Main St, Vista, CA 92083
- Cinepolis Pico Rivera – 8540 Whittier Blvd, Pico Rivera, CA 90660
- Regal Meridian Seattle 16 – 1501 7th Ave, Seattle, WA 98101
- Regal Pointe Orlando Stadium 20 & IMAX Pointe Orlando – 9101 International Dr, Orlando, FL 32819
- CGV Cinemas, Buena Park – 6988 Beach Blvd, Buena Park, CA 90621
- Regal Cinemas, E-Walk Stadium – 247 W 42nd St, New York, NY 10036
- Regal Union Square Stadium 14 – 850 Broadway, New York 10003
- Marcus, Gurnee Mills Cinema – 6144 Grand Ave. Gurnee, IL 60031
- AEG, Regal Cinemas L.A. LIVE Stadium 14 – 800 West Olympic Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90015
Will you see Cars 3 in 4DX? If so, share your experience with us in the comments below or in the Pixar Post Forum.