From the moment I opened the box of the New BalanceCars 3-inspired Vazee Pace V2 running shoes (limited edition), I was surprised by the attention to detail. From the wonderfully accurate “Lightning McQueen” red color to the subtle touches, like his “lucky sticker” lightning bolt, I couldn’t wait to lace them up and go for a run.
The shoes garnered a fair amount of attention when I wore them casually as well — people gravitated towards the bright red color and their natural reaction when I told them they were McQueen-inspired shoes (but also legitimate running shoes) was to smile and say, “wow, that’s so cool.”
After giving the shoes a solid test, I found the show to fit true-to-size, and the width was perfect for my feet (I have an ever-so-slightly wider foot than standard, but the Vazee was a perfect fit in the toe box area).
Watch our video review embedded below (or directly on our YouTube channel) and be sure to leave a comment below with your thoughts on the shoes.
A breathable air mesh forefoot with no-sew overlays is designed to allow your toes to splay freely and comfortably at toe-off. Meanwhile, the shoe’s sleek bootie construction continues to provide the snug, second-skin-like fit that made the first version a runner favorite.
- 6 mm drop: due to variances created during the development and manufacturing processes, all references to 6 mm drop are approximate
- Blown rubber outsole
- Bootie construction
- No-sew material application
- Reflective detailing enhances your visibility
- REVlite midsole foam
- Woven synthetic/mesh upper
- FantomFit — A skeletally engineered upper that provides ultralight support and fit. Created by fusing two thin materials with a no-sew process.
- REVlite — An innovative foam compound providing the same responsiveness and durability of New Balance foams 30% heavier. REVlite offers a lightweight ride without minimizing construction or sacrificing underfoot cushioning or stability.
AVAILABILITY / SIZES
As noted in our video review, the shoes are available in adult and children’s sizes. The Men’s Vazee Pace V2 are available in the Lightning McQueen red, while the kid’s sizes are available in a black McQueen-inspired design and a sleek silvery-gray/blue Jackson Storm-inspired design.
Adult (Men’s) — Sizes 7-14 (7-12.5 in half sizes – 13 & 14 in whole sizes) – Standard Width
Kids (Boy’s) — Infants, Preschool, and Grade school – sizes directly on New Balance’s site (UPDATED – the link had been removed as the shoes are no longer listed on New Balance’s site).
How perfect would these be for the upcoming Disneyland ‘Pixar-themed’ runDisney half-marathon (more details on the race here)?