Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment announced back on January 24, 2017, that they were developing a Cars 3video game, titled Cars 3: Driven to Win. The fast-paced action game which is developed by Avalanche Software (re-opened under the Warner Bros. name) will be released on June 13, 2017, features new characters from the Cars 3 film, including several familiar faces from the Cars franchise.
Start your engines and gear up for the ultimate racing experience in Cars 3: Driven to Win inspired by Disney•Pixar’s film, Cars 3. Play with over 20 customizable characters including Lightning McQueen, Jackson Storm, Cruz Ramirez, and the next generation of racers in over 20 tracks set in iconic locations from the film such as Radiator Springs. Train and advance your abilities in 6 game modes and challenge your family and friends in the Battle Race to become the Ultimate Champion. On the road to becoming a Hall of Fame Driver, training and skill will give you an edge in a race that anyone can win.
Cars 3: Driven to Win Features 6 thrilling game modes:
- Stunt Showcase: Catch air and perform as many stunts and tricks to get the highest score.
- Takedown: Collect and use a variety of power-ups to eliminate as many crash karts as possible to get the highest score.
- Best Lap Challenge: Beat your prime time score to set an all-time new record.
- Race: Hop into the tracks against Lightning McQueen and the gang to rev up for the ultimate challenge.
- Battle Race: Put your training to the test and race against your family and friends to become the ultimate champion.
Pixar fans who love to find Easter Eggs will be thrilled to know that the Cars 3: Driven to Win game contains quite a few hidden items – as seen in the trailer.
In the first image (below), you’ll notice a new racer sponsored by TripleDent Gum. If you already hear the jingle in your head, you know that this is an Easter Egg from Pixar’s Inside Out. The second image features a billboard advertising a radio station 86.2, this is a nod to the year and month that Pixar Animation Studios became incorporated – February 3, 1986.
What are your thoughts on this exciting new game? Share with other Pixar fans by writing a comment below or in the Pixar Post Forum.