Pixar News of the Week
- We kick off by discussing the new Pixar items that are new to the Disney Store – from the Buzz iPhone case to the return of the Hamm bank (including a discussion of the differences between the old and new version).
- What’s your Ratatouille? We chat about the forum topic which asks about the foods, smells, sights or sounds which take you back to your childhood…much like Remy’s ratatouille dish took Anton Ego back with his first bite.
- Fred Armisen’s fake Pixar role.
- Disney Infinity’s big announcement for the next version of the game.
- DCONSTRUCTED – We review and provide samples of the Pixar-themed tracks on the Disney•Pixar new EDM album.
Announcing the Pixar Pipeline Project
- Starting at 17:58 into the podcast – We are extremely proud to announce the kickoff of our Pixar Pipeline Project. The Project is a nine-part series of Pixar interviews which will allow us to follow the path of a Pixar movie through it’s journey from story to screen.
- Our first interview kicks off with Louis Gonzales in Pixar’s story department. We chat about everything from how he kicks off his workflow, how the research process takes place (with a great story about Brave’s Scotland research trip), keeping your sketching fresh as well as some of the skills that are essential to know if you’re looking to work in the story department.
- During the interview Louis mentioned a few items that we wanted to specifically call out in our show notes in case you wanted to learn a little more about them.
Pixar Post Book Club Announcement
- Starting at 57:14 into the show – We chat about another big announcement we had this week…the formation of our Pixar Post Book Club.
- We discuss the reason we started the book club and that our first book we’re reading is Creativity, Inc..
Ed Catmull’s Live Q&A Session
- Starting at 01:00:57 into the show – Earlier this week, Ed Catmull held a live question and answer session through the Guardian website. We were lucky enough to have had two of our questions answered by Ed and we chat about his responses.