Pixar News of the Week
- We kick off by discussing the new Pixar items that are new to the Disney Store – from the Buzz iPhone case to the return of the Hamm bank (including a discussion of the differences between the old and new version).
- What’s your Ratatouille? We chat about the forum topic which asks about the foods, smells, sights or sounds which take you back to your childhood…much like Remy’s ratatouille dish took Anton Ego back with his first bite.
- Fred Armisen’s fake Pixar role.
- Disney Infinity’s big announcement for the next version of the game.
- DCONSTRUCTED – We review and provide samples of the Pixar-themed tracks on the Disney•Pixar new EDM album.
Announcing the Pixar Pipeline Project
- Starting at 17:58 into the podcast – We are extremely proud to announce the kickoff of our Pixar Pipeline Project. The Project is a nine-part series of Pixar interviews which will allow us to follow the path of a Pixar movie through it’s journey from story to screen.
- Our first interview kicks off with Louis Gonzales in Pixar’s story department. We chat about everything from how he kicks off his workflow, how the research process takes place (with a great story about Brave’s Scotland research trip), keeping your sketching fresh as well as some of the skills that are essential to know if you’re looking to work in the story department.
- During the interview Louis mentioned a few items that we wanted to specifically call out in our show notes in case you wanted to learn a little more about them.
- Who is Wes Anderson?
- Learn more about the 180˚ Rule in cinematography.
- Learn more about the Wacom Cintiq tablet which Pixar animators utilize.
Pixar Post Book Club Announcement
- Starting at 57:14 into the show – We chat about another big announcement we had this week…the formation of our Pixar Post Book Club.
- We discuss the reason we started the book club and that our first book we’re reading is Creativity, Inc..
Ed Catmull’s Live Q&A Session
- Starting at 01:00:57 into the show – Earlier this week, Ed Catmull held a live question and answer session through the Guardian website. We were lucky enough to have had two of our questions answered by Ed and we chat about his responses.
Listen to the episode using the embedded player below or subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, YouTube, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
its not the 108˚ Rule, it's the 180 degree rule
Thanks Mike, slip of the fingers while I was typing I guess! 🙂 I fixed it above.
Man, oh, man! What a fantastic interview! As an animation student myself, this was very enlightening. Building up information like this is part of the process of getting to where you want to work. Louis seems like an awesome guy, and he was a great start to the Pipeline Project. I can't wait for the other interviews, especially the Animation department. But with something like Story, a thing Pixar is famous for, this was awesome! Hearing someone who is part of making the magic talk about it in great detail makes you appreciate the whole process to a whole new level. Great episode, guys!
Thanks a million Giovanni – one of the reasons we also wanted to start the Pipeline Project was because we have so many readers/listeners who are getting into the industry…along with the reason I mentioned on the podcast (because I was curious too)! 🙂
Finally got the chance to listen to this episode and I absolutley loved it! The Pixar Pipeline project is so exciting! Great idea and defnietly interviews and insights to look forward to! Really excited for upcoming episodes (Especially the art/visual development one!)
Hey Max! Thanks for listening to our show! We're glad you enjoyed the episode and we know you'll love the full set of Pixar Pipeline interviews! 🙂
Hey guys There is a mistake in the link of the podcast this is the Podcast #32 With Angelique Reisch – Lighting Department, No the podcast #27 with Louis Gonzales 🙁 I would love to hear the interview with Louis, Thanks for everything!
Thanks for the heads up Eddie! We had inserted a player on this episode to accidentally play the most recent episode each time instead of sticking with episode 27! Whoops! Anyways, thanks for brining it to our attention. Feel free to also subscribe to us on iTunes (http://pxrpst.co/listenpod) or Stitcher (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/pixar-post-podcast) as another way to listen without having to hit just the webpage and access all of the shows! 🙂