In episode 029 of the Pixar Post Podcast we discuss:
Pixar Post Book Club
- We chat about our lessons learned from the first run-through for Creativity, Inc. and have retooled slightly to put a more centralized focus on the process to engage more readers. Be sure to stay tuned to the Pixar Post Book Club Forum page for more details and get ready – we’ll be discussing The Pixar Touch at the end of July.
Inside Out & Lava News
- Starting at 2:20 into the show – We chat about the Pixar’s newly announced short, Lava, covering the official synopsis, the comparison to other musical love stories and a few details on the music. We wrap up the Lava discussion with a little background on the short films director (James Ford Murphy) and producer (Andrea Warren).
- Starting at 12:15 into the show – We continue our earlier Google Hangout discussion regarding Inside Out and expand on the news from the Director’s Guild of America event. We cover the new concept art that was revealed as well as some of the additional story elements which were discussed at the event.
- Additionally, we dig into a topic that Dan the Pixar Fan brought up on the Forum in which he explored some of the previous projects (non-Pixar) which have similarities to Inside Out. We chat about Herman’s Head, Cranium Command, Reason & Emotion and finally, Body Wars.
Part Three of The Pixar Pipeline Project
- Starting at 38:00 into the podcast – We are excited to bring our third interview as part of the Pixar Pipeline Project. The Project is a nine-part series of Pixar interviews which will allow us to follow the path of a Pixar movie through it’s journey from story to screen.
- Our third interview is with Craig Foster from Pixar’s art department. We chat about a range of work from his experiences on Monsters University (including the creation of Art’s famed Dream Journal), WALL•E and even some of the design work for Cars Land in Disney’s California Adventure.
- Finally, we wrap up with a discussion on Craig’s journey to Pixar as well as some inspirational words he shares about working towards your goals.