In episode 022 of the Pixar Post Podcast we discuss:
THE BLUE UMBRELLA
- We discuss the omission of The Blue Umbrella from the Animated Shorts nomination category of the 2014 Academy Awards.
- We provide our candid reactions to the news and compare The Blue Umbrella to the remaining ten short films.
- Additionally, we read comments from our readers with their reactions to the news as well.
FOLLOW UP FROM EPISODE 021
- We also follow up on an earlier discussion in Episode 021 where we interviewed Toy Story of Terror, Supervising Animator, Michal Makarewicz. During the interview, Michal answered one of our reader’s questions and elaborated on the animation dailies.
- Thanks to our reader and friend, Jeff from This Day in Pixar, he noted that Craig Good (longtime Pixarian) had started a blog and specifically mentioned the animation dailies as well.
- We dig into Craig’s article and pull out some great advice for people looking to enter animation – or any other field frankly…it’s about making the work better, not taking feedback personally.
- We then wrap up with an open discussion about our own personal experience taking feedback too personally and explaining how the turned out in the end.
Have you experienced a moment of frustration when you received feedback that you weren’t hoping for or expecting on your project? How did you rally? Did you find the work to be better in the long run? Let us know in the comments below or join in the conversation on the Pixar Post Forum.