In episode 021 of the Pixar Post Podcast we discuss:
NEWS SNIPPETS FOR THE WEEK
- We discuss the closing of Pixar Canada that took place on October 8, 2013, and thank all of our friends from the studio.
- Forum discussion: One of our forum users brought up the topic of the age difference between Charles Muntz and Carl Fredricksen. We share our thoughts and discuss the real age difference of the characters according to Lee Unkrich.
- Disney Infinity released the highly anticipated Toy Story in Space playset.
- We discuss the release of not only the digital version of Monsters University but the Blu Ray release as well – including our favorite extras.
- We chat about the possibility of a broad release of the Monsters University Scare Cards. Be sure to check out our full write-up on the scare cards.
- We discuss the interview with Michael Wallis, the voice of Sheriff, and how he revealed that he is busy working on Cars 3, with the crew traveling on Route 99.
THE GOOD DINOSAUR
- We discuss our thoughts on the “leaked” teaser poster and how we didn’t feel that it was a true Pixar-produced image.
- We share two voicemails from our listeners regarding the changes with The Good Dinosaur.
TOY STORY OF TERROR (& EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW)
- We share our reactions to watching Pixar’s first 30-minute television special.
- We discuss some of our favorite hidden references and easter eggs.
- We chat with Michal Makarewicz, longtime Pixarian and Supervising Animator on Toy Story of Terror. During our discussion, Michal shares his journey to Pixar as well as his passion for teaching at the Animation Collaborative. In addition, we also discuss many of the exciting and challenging moments from Pixar’s first television special.
We also wanted to provide a little additional information regarding The Animation Collaborative for our readers – we can’t recommend checking out their website enough.
The Animation Collaborative’s goal is to provide a focused, professional environment that fosters creative growth, community, and collaboration. With instructors who are passionate about teaching with experience in both school and studio settings. These talented instructors currently work in some of the most successful studios for animation and are here to give students individual attention in smaller workshops rather than larger classrooms – a perk that sets The Animation Collaborative apart from other schools.
Listen to the episode using the embedded player below or subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, YouTube, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Just finished! Man was that a fantastic episode. I knew you were gonna have a ton to talk about because \”Pixtober\” was chalked full of Pixar news…as usual the podcast was long anticipated and did not disappoint! Such a great conversation. You know, you guys are incredible- you can keep me entertained, interested and engaged for the length of a feature movie from you guys just talking and me just sitting here listening while staring at the computer screen. Thank you again! Also-super fun getting a couple mentions! Thanks for including those, that was way fun and I was thrilled to hear you talking about some insights I had. Keep the podcasts coming! Will look forward to episode 22 : )
Thanks so much Dan! I'm glad that we can entertain just chatting like we do! 🙂
Guys… Guys… This is amazing! That is all!
Thank you so very much!!! You're comment is amazing! That is all! 😉
Hi Pixar Post. Thanks a lot for your awesome work! Is there any way that you could put a link to this podcast so that I can download the file directly? for some reason I get an error every time I try to listen to it online 🙁
Hey Mike! Thanks for the comment!! Two options – you could listen directly through iTunes or on Stitcher which is universal for Apple or PC through HTML5. Is the link directly on this page the one that's giving you the error when trying to play it?Listen on iTunes – https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/episode-021-pixar-post-podcast/id595299041?i=170189880&mt=2Listen on Stitcher – http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/pixar-post-podcast?refid=stprLet me know if these options don't work out.- T.J.