The hilarious Disney+ short film, Lamp Life goes behind the scenes of the Toy Story franchise and lets viewers see what happened to Bo Peep and her Sheep all those years after she left Andy and Molly’s house (between Toy Story 2 and 3).
But, potentially even better than the laughs and excitement of the film, is that we were able to go even further behind the scenes and learn all about the “making of” Lamp Life. We recently spoke with Director, Valerie LaPointe, and Producer, Marc Sondheimer to chat about the editing, the animation, the easter eggs and so much more.
You can listen to the full episode embedded below and links to all of our posts mentioned during the recording are included in the show notes below — enjoy. Oh, and if you haven’t read our earlier written review of Lamp Life, you can read that here.
Listen to the episode using the embedded player below or subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, YouTube, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
- 00:00 — Show kickoff and Pixar trivia — how many Pixar films have released in March?
- 02:24 — Toy Story 4 took home the Oscar for Best Animated Feature, we discuss the exciting news here.
- 07:27 — Ian and Barley Lightfoot are set to appear in Disney Parks, catch a glimpse of what they are going to look like.
- 11:14 — Guinevere, Barley’s van from Onward is hitting the road on a tour. Learn more about the tour dates and watch a walk-around video tour of the van as well.
- 18:49 — An Onward preview is playing at Disney Parks now, catch the preview until the movie opens.
- 20:10 — We chat all about Pixar Nite at Disneyland coming on March 5 (from 8:00 PM to Midnight). Listen as we describe some of the events (including a cool For the Birds and Geri’s Game backdrop for photo opportunities), the food, and the character meet-and-greets which will be available.
- 26:44 — Interview lead-in. We chat for around 8 minutes about the funny “growing up” connection Julie and Valerie had as well as our love for the short film.
- 34:47 — Interview with Valerie LaPointe and Marc Sondheimer. Listen as we chat all about the hilarious gags, the filmmaking process, and so much more in this fun and upbeat interview. We had a blast chatting with the team and we know you’ll love listening in.
- 55:34 — Post interview and show wrap-up.