Today in honor of the world-champion racer #95 on his date-sake (September 5) 9/5, Disney•Pixar announced the official in-home arrival of Pixar’s 18th feature film, Cars 3.
The Digital HD and Digital 4K Ultra HD will be available on Oct 24, and the physical Blu-ray, DVD, and 4K Ultra HD bundle will be available on Nov. 7 (we should note that the release dates for the U.K. will be Nov. 7 for Digital and Nov. 13 for the Blu-ray).
With this release Cars 3 becomes for first Pixar film to be released in 4K Ultra HD. With scenes such as the Crazy-8 Race at Thunder Hollow, we couldn’t be more excited to see all the incredible (muddy) details that 4K has to offer.
It should also be noted that is no mention of a domestic 3D Blu-ray release, but Disney UK noted that in fact, a 3D release will be available in the UK.
Check out the official Cars 3 home release trailer below or on the official Disney Movies Anywhere YouTube channel and then read more on the special features listed below — we’re particularly excited for the die-cast collecting feature, the Director’s Commentary, Miss Fritter feature, and ability to see the short film, Lou, again.
Blu-ray and Digital HD
- Miss Fritter’s Racing Skoool (Exclusive new mini-movie) – Enjoy blindsided testimonials from the Crazy 8’s, touting the transformative impact Miss Fritter’s Racing School has had in reshaping the direction of their lives.
- Theatrical Short: “Lou” – When a toy-stealing bully ruins recess for a playground full of kids, only one thing stands in his way: the “Lost and Found” box.
- Let’s. Get. Crazy. – Get schooled in the world of demolition derby, the “rules” of figure 8 racing, and how Pixar puts the crazy in the Thunder Hollow Crazy 8 race. This piece is hosted by Lea DeLaria.
- Legendary – Get a close, historical look at the racing legends Wendell Scott and Louise Smith, whose tenacity and perseverance got them into the race even when they weren’t invited.
- Ready for the Race – Disney Channel’s Olivia Rodrigo and NASCAR Racer William Byron check out the Hendrick Motorsports campus to showcase how real-world race training influenced the filmmakers.
- World’s Fastest Billboard – Blink and you will miss all of the graphics and “car-ified” advertisements created by Pixar’s Art team to make the ”Cars 3” world as believable as possible.
- Cruz Ramirez: The Yellow Car That Could – Join Cristela Alonzo and the filmmakers on their journey to create a race-car trainer turned champion racer.
- Generations: The Story of “Cars 3” – For the story team, creating Lightning McQueen’s next chapter didn’t involve just a tune-up, but a complete overhaul.
- My First Car – A collection of illustrated first-car stories as narrated by members of the “Cars 3” cast and crew. “A Green Car on the Red Carpet with Kerry Washington,” “Old Blue,” and “Still in the Family.”
- 5 Deleted Scenes – Each deleted scene is set up with an introduction as to why it was removed from the film. Deleted scenes include “The Boogie Woogie,” “The Jars of Dirt,” “Lugnut,” “The Bolt,” and “More Than New Paint.”
- Cars To Die(cast) For – Take a look at the phenomenon of die-cast toy collecting and the more than 1,000 unique designs that exist in the Cars universe.
- Commentary – Brian Fee (Director), Kevin Reher (Producer), Andrea Warren (Co-Producer) and Jay Ward (Creative Director)
DVD Bonus Features
- Theatrical Short: “Lou” & “Commentary”
- Product SKUs:
- Digital = 4K UHD with HDR (HDR-10 or Dolby Vision), HD, SD
- Physical = 4K UHD Combo Pack (4K UHD+Blu-ray+Digital HD/SD), Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray+DVD+Digital HD/SD) and DVD
- Feature Run Time: Approximately 103 minutes
- Rating: G in U.S., G in CE, and G in CF
- Aspect Ratio: 2.39:1
- Resolution: 4K UHD = 3840 x 2160, HD = 1920 x 1080, SD = 720 x 480
- 4K UHD Blu-ray = English Dolby Atmos, English, Spanish and French 7.1 Dolby Digital Plus, English 5.1 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio
- 4K UHD Digital = English Dolby Atmos (platform dependent), English 5.1, English 2.0
- Blu-ray = English 7.1 DTS-HDMA, English 5.1 DTS-HDHR, English 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio
- DVD = English, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks, English 2.0 Dolby Digital, English 2.0 Descriptive Audio
- Subtitles: Physical = English SDH, Spanish and French Subtitles
- Closed Captions: Digital = English; DVD = English
Note: Pixar Post may receive a commission for items purchased through affiliate links in this article — we thank you for your support.