The film The Good Dinosaur tells a tale of friendship and emotional growth all set within the beauty and unforgiving mountainous terrain. On February 23, 2016 (in the US) you can bring this adventure home on Blu-ray, Digital HD, and Disney Movies Anywhere. (The UK release date is March 21, 2016.)
UPDATED: Read our updated post and full review of the Blu-ray.
The bonus features will delight fans with a complete Director’s Commentary, Research Trip Footage, and Behind-the-Scenes Studio Fun with Recyclosaurus! See below for a complete list and to view a special ‘Hide & Seek’ clip released alongside the news.
Digital HD, Blu-ray Combo Pack & Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA)
THEATRICAL SHORT: Sanjay’s Super Team — Sanjay loves the world of cartoons and comics, while his father tries to draw him into his Hindu traditions. Reluctance quickly turns into an awe-inspiring adventure as the boy embarks on an amazing journey, returning with a new perspective they can both embrace.
TRUE LIES ABOUT DINOSAURS: We know — it’s preposterous to think Apatosaurs spoke English. Learn more about what separates the fictional dinosaurs of The Good Dinosaur from what scientists know about real dinosaurs.
RECYCLOSAURUS: Pixar takes creative competition seriously. Maybe a little too serious. Watch as The Good Dinosaur crew competes to see which department can create the best dinosaur ever… using only discarded items from the studio’s “free table.”
THE FILMMAKERS’ JOURNEY: Finding your way from an idea to a film takes a lot of exploration. Director Peter Sohn and his fellow filmmakers talk about the challenging, inspiring, and unexpectedly emotional experience of making The Good Dinosaur.
EVERY PART OF THE DINOSAUR: The filmmakers talk about the special animation challenges of The Good Dinosaur — including figuring out how to animate a dinosaur who’s really a boy, and a boy who’s got the spirit of a dog.
FOLLOWING THE T-REX TRAIL: Follow the filmmakers as they travel to a working cattle ranch and meet the McKays, a close-knit family whose work ethic, generosity, and stories inspired the T-Rex ranchers of the film.
COMMENTARY: Commentary from director Peter Sohn, story supervisor Kelsey Mann, supervising animator Mike Venturini, director of photography/lighting Sharon Calahan, and supervising technical director Sanjay Bakshi.
DINO BITES: Montage of original animated pieces produced to promote The Good Dinosaur.
HIDE AND SEEK: A short animated clip produced to promote The Good Dinosaur.
- The Attack — An idyllic introduction to the family farm is cut short when a savage predator attacks the newborn Arlo. With an introduction by Director Peter Sohn.
- Building the Silo — An admiring Arlo is thrilled to follow along as his father builds a silo for the family farm. With an introduction by Director Peter Sohn.
- Waiting for Poppa — Arlo awaits the return of his beloved father on a stormy night, only to be greeted with tragic news. With an introduction by Director Peter Sohn.
Blu-ray 3-D & DVD
THEATRICAL SHORT – Sanjay’s Super Team
Disney Movies Anywhere (DMA) Digital Exclusive
JUST LISTEN: Trace the development of the unique soundscape of The Good Dinosaur, from the wilds of British Columbia as Sound Designer Craig Berkey collects sounds, to the recording studio where Jeff and Mychael Danna use instruments from around the world to create the music.
- RUN TIME: Approximately 93 min.
- RATING: Feature Film: PG in U.S.; PG in CE; G in CF
- ASPECT RATIO:
- Blu-ray Feature Film = 1080p High Definition / 2.39:1
- DVD Feature Film = 2.39:1
- Blu-ray = 7.1 DTS
- DVD = 5.1 Dolby
- LANGUAGES: English, French & Spanish
- SUBTITLES: English SDH, French & Spanish