As the theatrical release for Finding Dory nears we couldn’t help but spread the word regarding the series of activity, coloring, and reading books (including the amazing The Art of Finding Dory) that have been popping up on Amazon. The books will be released between March – September 2016 and feature original characters from Finding Nemo and new characters from the Marine Institute. Below are the titles sorted by release date – click any title for more information or to pre-order.
Note: Pixar Post may receive a commission for items purchased through affiliate links in this article — we thank you for your support.
UPDATED: – Release dates and additional books have been updated. Additionally, our video review of 22 Finding Dory books can be found here.
- Finding Dory Big Golden Book – 48 pages
- Finding Dory Little Golden Book – 24 pages
- Finding Dory: The Junior Novelization – 144 pages. This book retells the whole story and features eight pages of full-color scenes from the movie!
- Sticker Scenes – 40 stickers and 48 pages.
- Just Keep Swimming (Sticker Treasury & Coloring) – Bring the awesome ocean scenes to life, add color to the fish and coral, decorate Dory in blue and yellow, and then fill each page with your fantastic stickers – 64 pages.
- Dory’s Story (Step into Reading) – 24 pages. Step 2 Readers use basic vocabulary and short sentences to tell simple stories. For children who recognize familiar words and can sound out new words with help.
- Finding Dory Paint Palette Book – 128 pages
- Finding Dory Unforgettable Activities (Activity Book) – 48 pages
- The Unforgettable Joke Book – 80 pages. This book of jokes based on the film will have boys and girls ages 6 to 9 laughing along with Dory and her friends.
- Finding Dory Ocean Secrets (Big Book of Secrets) – 48 pages. Meet the residents of the Marine Life Institute, draw a picture of your best pals, and choose what ocean creature you d like to be. There s so much to do and discover inside!
- Finding Dory, Life’s a Rainbow (8 x 8 Activity & Sticker Book) – 24 Pages
- The Essential Guide (DK) – 64 pages and dives into the background and fun facts of the characters and worlds from the film in a fun, youthful angle.
- Ultimate Sticker Collection (DK) – Over 1,000 stickers and 96 pages.
- Color & Activity with Crayons – Featuring coloring pages that tell the story of the film, plus fun activity pages (48 pages).
- Mega Coloring Book – 96 pages.
- Giant Floor Coloring Pad – There are over 30 giant pages to color, plus more than 50 colorful stickers to use inside.
- An Ocean Adventure (Magnetic Play Book) – 8 pages. Boys and girls ages 3 to 7 will love this super-interactive book featuring 5 sturdy magnets that stick right to the pages.
- Finding Dory (Read-Along Storybook and CD) – 32 pages. Relive all of the adventures from Finding Dory with this storybook-and-CD-set. The CD includes word-for-word narration, thrilling sound effects, and original character voices from the movie, including Ellen DeGeneres as Dory, Albert Brooks as Marlin, and Ed O’Neill as Hank the octopus!
- Finding Dory Boardbook: Come Swim with Me! – 10 pages. Reunite with Dory, Marlin, and Nemo as they swim through the colorful coral reef in this unique novelty board book!
- Finding Dory (Picture Book): Three Little Words – 40 pages. This jacketed picture book features everyone’s favorite forgetful fish and is complemented by stunning original artwork.
- Finding Dory Mad Libs – 48 pages
- Finding Dory Tabbed Board Book – 16 pages. Boys and girls ages 0 to 3 will love this sturdy board book featuring seven colorful tabs.
- Hank the Septopus – 24 pages. Boys and girls ages 3 to 7 will love this full-color storybook based on the film that features more than 50 stickers.
- Finding Dory: Friends Forever – 12 pages. This book has beautiful printed acetate panels throughout that create a dynamic visual effect of Dory’s ocean world.
- Finding Dory: Follow Me! – 10 pages. This Dory-shaped book comes with irresistible googly eyes and dazzling foil on the front cover!
- Ocean of Color (Step into Reading) – 24 pages. Step 1 Readers feature big type and easy words. Rhymes and rhythmic text paired with picture clues help children decode the story. For children who know the alphabet and are eager to begin reading.
- Finding Dory Movie Theater Storybook & Movie Projector – 32 pages. The storybook comes with a Dory-shaped movie projector and 5 disks with 20 images from the movie. Readers will love shining additional images from the movie on their wall for a theatrical storytime experience.
- Finding Dory: Fish Talk – 128 pages. In this middle grade novel, get the story straight from the fishes’ mouths! Explore the stories of many new characters from the film through hilarious confessionals and unique, colorful artwork that interacts with the text!
- My Busy Book – 10 page board book with 12 mini figures and activity mat.
- Learn to Draw Finding Dory – features all of the popular characters from Finding Nemo, as well as the loveable cast of sea creatures from the new movie. Tips and insights from professional Disney animators are sprinkled throughout the pages of the book, creating a fun, well-rounded drawing experience for any – 64 pages.
- Finding Dory Cinestory – Fans of the heartwarming, undersea adventure Disney•Pixar Finding Nemo will love this cinestory re-telling of the new film, featuring screen shots from the movie in graphic novel format – 384 pages.
- IncrediBuilds: Finding Dory Deluxe Book and Model Set – A fun and colorful guidebook to the world of Disney’s Finding Dory, this deluxe kit also comes with a customizable wood model of everyone’s favorite amnesiac fish – 32 pages.
- Can You Find Dory? (Lift-the-Flap) – 12 pages. This lift-the-flap book with glitter on every page is perfect for boys and girls ages 0 to 3.
- Finding Dory Hide-and-Seek with Dory (Storyteller’s Collection) – Hardcover Play hide-and-seek with Dory in this adorablestorybook that’s the perfect length for newly-independent readers. 64 pages.
- Finding Dory Padded Board Book – 30 pages. This sturdy padded board book features simple retellings of Disney/Pixar Finding Dory and Disney/Pixar Finding Nemo. It’s the perfect gift for boys and girls ages 0 to 3.
- Merry Christmas, Dory! (Boardbook) – 10 pages. Dory has found the perfect Christmas gift for each of her friends. But when she is ready to deliver them, Dory can’t remember how to get back home! How does she find her way? Find out in this fishy tale that’s perfect for the Christmas holiday.
- Let’s Keep Swimming – The storybook comes with a real glitter globe (with Dory figure) and 7 press-out cards that contain 14 scenes from the movie. The book includes prompts for when the reader should place the cards into the globe to create the watery scenes from the story – 32 pages.
- Finding Dory: I Love My Friends (Boardbook – 10 pages)
UPDATED: Be sure to check out our video review of 22 Finding Dory books, here.