In episode 038 of the Pixar Post Podcast, we wrap up the recent Pixar news as well as discuss John Lasseter’s speech at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences on “The New Audience – Moviegoing in a Connected World” – including audio from the discussion.
Pixar News & John Lasseter’s Discussion
- Kicking off the show, we chat about all latest Pixar news, including brief highlights from
- Disney Infinity 3.0 – the Inside Out play set announcement
- The Finding Dory sneak peek at the D23 Expo
- The updated synopsis for The Good Dinosaur
- The bevy of Inside Out clips, TV spots and trailers released in the last week
- Michael Giacchino’s big summer blockbuster season of three movies
- Starting at 16:10 into the show, we discuss John Lasseter’s speech at the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences as he discusses the changing landscape of technology and how it interplays with the film making. (Thank you to our friend who attended the event and was kind enough to send us audio from Lasseter’s discussion.)
Be sure to let us know your thoughts on the episode below and stay tuned as we’ll be releasing additional audio interviews (group and one-on-one interviews) from the Inside Out press event in our next episode.
Listen to the episode using the embedded player below or subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, YouTube, or wherever you listen to podcasts.