In episode 034 of the Pixar Post Podcast, we chat about Pixar news updates as well as discuss some of the upcoming merchandise for Inside Out, The Good Dinosaur and To Protect and Serve. In addition to the news, we also are wrapping up the Pixar Pipeline Project with our interview with Laura Meyer with the Pixar the Localization/Post Production team. Finally, we chat about a post that puts some of the localization team members’ work into visual form. Below are our show notes from the episode with time codes for your reference:
Pixar Post Website Updates
- At the top of the episode we chat about the Pixar Post Book Club kicking off for 2015 with a complete lineup for the year laid out. More details on the book club and how to read along can be found here (UPDATED: The book club link has been removed as it is no longer active).
- Starting at 1:53 into the podcast, we chat about a really fun video and photos that Michael Giacchino posted on Instagram with a sneak peek of the Inside Out score.
- Starting at 5:07 into the podcast – We chat about the amazing Inside Out concept artwork on display at the Walt Disney Family Museum.
- At 9:12 into the podcast we chat about the toolkit animation clips that have been showing up online (on our Forum), on the Disney Channel and more.
- At 10:23 into the podcast we talk about the upcoming slate of toys from Inside Out, The Good Dinosaur, To Protect and Serve (Cars Toon), Wind-up Pixar toys and the Toy Story 20th Anniversary line.
- At 19:54 into the podcast we talk about Grant Alexander’s great blog post about his work on the Dream Elder character (clay sculpt) from Toy Story That Time Forgot.
Part Eight of The Pixar Pipeline Project
- Starting at 27:50 into the podcast – We are excited to bring our eighth-and-final interview as part of the Pixar Pipeline Project. The Project was originally a nine-part series (and became an eight-part series) of Pixar interviews which will allow us to follow the path of a Pixar movie through its journey from story to screen.
- Our interview this month is with Laura Meyer from Pixar’s Localization department. We chat about everything from the day-in-the-life activities for her role, to the importance of emotional elements in movies being presented in the region’s local language. We were blown away with Laura’s love for her craft and can’t wait for you to listen to the interview.
- Finally, we wrap up our interview with Laura by discussing her journey and inspirational life step to get to Pixar.
- Be sure to view our follow up post where we visually show screenshots across three countries to illustrate Laura’s great work in Monsters University.
Post Interview Discussion
- Starting at 52:28 into the podcast – We wrap up with our final thoughts on Laura’s interview as well as wrap up the Pixar Pipeline Project as a whole – we also incorporate a discussion on getting to Pixar and finding real happiness in your job (with an excerpt from this TED Talk with Shawn Achor).
Listen to the episode using the embedded player below or subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, YouTube, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Be sure to let us know your thoughts on the podcast by leaving a comment on Apple Podcasts, writing a comment below, or sending us an email — we’d love to hear from you.
I was on upcoming Pixar.com saw plush toys and at the end I see this pink elephant or something so I'm guessing its a new Character to the movie…sorry if I posted it so many times lol
http://pixartimes.com/2014/12/29/concept-art-for-the-toy-story-3-you-never-saw/ here a link to concept art for the toy story 3 that we never saw that Disney was going to take over the Pixar movies. If you guys saw this i'm sorry for posting it lol.
No problem – yeah, we had spotted that before – it's on the forum as well. We've been meaning to post this for a while, but it always gets \”shelved\” kind of like Wheezy! 😉 Glad you picked that up from the Disney War book discussion!
Good eye for sure! We haven't posted anything as of yet since it's \”technically\” not supposed to have been released…but you bet, he's a pretty cool character for sure!! look for more details in the future! 😉
Maybe it is the driver of the train.
He certainly could be. Although he's her imaginary friend, I kind of think he'll be a little bit of a trouble-maker.
I love this site!! Every day I come to see something new:)
I just can wait for Inside Out!!!!!