According to Comingsoon.net, Disney•Pixar has just released a series of planned dates for future Pixar projects. Yes, you read that correctly, we now have dates scheduled for future releases through 2018, so start booking your calendars now.
- Untitled Pixar Animation – 6/17/16 (We can assume that this will be Lee Unkrich’s untitled film about Dia De Los Muertos but not a guarantee)
- Untitled Pixar Animation – 6/16/17
- Untitled Pixar Animation – 11/22/17
- Untitled Pixar Animation – 6/15/18
This is all new territory for us as we’ve never seen Disney•Pixar release a schedule of movies this far in advance – especially since we’ve already been informed about it –
- The Good Dinosaur in 2014 (May 30)
- Inside Out in 2015 (June 19)
- Finding Dory in 2015 (November 25)
We now have a whopping seven Pixar movies that we can look forward to seeing between 2014 and 2018. Now we just have to wait to find out what movies will be paired up with those unknown dates – how exciting!
Teddy Newton's feature in June 2017, Brad Bird's The Incredible 2 in November 2017, Mark Andrews' feature in June 2018. Jobs a good'un.
This would be fantastic if it played out this way! I don't think anyone would complain about that setup for sure! Thank you so much for the comment and we'll be sure to keep chatting about the rumor-mill as we find out more and more about these upcoming dates! Pixar Post – T.J.