In episode 012 of the Pixar Post Podcast we discuss:
- Discussion of Brad Bird’s interview when The Hollywood Reporter mentioned that he has thought of a potential sequel to The Incredibles.
- Discussion of Toy Story of Terror TV short.
- Announcement of our Monsters University character Twitter accounts.
- Part two in our three-part series discussing our visit to Pixar Animation Studios for the Monsters University press event.
- Audio and discussions around “Sociology 203: The Deconstruction of a Character” with Jason Deamer (Character Art Designer) and Ricky Nierva (Production Designer).
- Audio and discussions around “Dramatic Arts: Bringing a Character to Life” with Scott Clark (Supervising Animator).
- Audio and discussions around “English 101: How to Tell a Great Story” with Kelsey Mann (Story Supervisor).
- The Monsters University Pixar Press Event Day One recap.
- The Monsters University Pixar Press Event Day Two recap.
Listen to the episode using the embedded player below or subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, YouTube, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
Great podcast! There was so much animation information you defiantly have me hooked. I'm an aspiring animator so this is the best kind of podcast out there! Can't wait to hear more about the other classes that you attended. Great work and well done. Cheers.
I think it would be a great idea to make another Incredibles But as you guy were saying in your podcast the problem is were do you start! I feel like the best place to start is with were they ended. Right when the new evil came up from the ground! Because if you start at the part you don't have to worry about age and etc. everyone the same; plus I fell like Jack-Jack would not be a problem because by than Mr. and Mrs. Par should know about Jack-Jack powers anyways. Plus it would complete the ending on from the first Incredibles, and it would be (As I think) one long movie! Just into a second part! 😀
I love the enthusiasm that you two have for Pixar it's contagious. This podcast episode was a great! The Hardscabble and Incredibles portion was really interesting plus I love the excitement that you two have when talking about your topics. Your site and podcast is the most professional out there. Can't wait to see what's next 🙂
Thanks for the comment Charles – We're glad you're enjoying the summary from the Monsters University press event. I completely agree that there is a lot of inspiration in what the Pixarians were able to convey to the group!! Be sure to let us know if there are other topics or areas you'd like us to chat about on the podcast!
Hey again, Lauren! Thanks for the expanded thoughts on The Incredibles – it's an interesting thought thinking about where they would pick up in the character's lives for sure. I guess only time will tell and then we'll (hopefully) see!! 🙂
Wow – thank you so much Rebecca! I'm glad you are enjoying the podcast and find our enthusiasm for Pixar contagious! The reasons we have such passion and enthusiasm is because we're fans and not fanatics. I know that sounds kind of silly, but when you're a fanatic, there's no room for discussion – as fans, we're able to bounce around on topics and talk through ideas with each other. We also try and keep it fresh and upbeat through presenting content in a positive manner. Again, thank you and please feel free to reach out if there are any topics you'd like us to dig into deeper on the podcast. – T.J.
I love listening to you guys. How I wish my wife is as into Pixar/animation as Julie haha! Anyhoo, Julie, kudos on the idea of creating Twitter accounts for MU characters! I'll definitely be following these guys. However, since you guys already watched the movie, it would be great if you can keep that in mind and avoid posting direct quotes/foreshadows from the movie, which can be spoilers for us followers 🙂
Hey – Thanks for the comments! If you're referring to not revealing spoilers for the MU character Twitter accounts we'll be sure to NOT release any spoilers in their discussions with each other!! – T.J.