In episode 018 of the Pixar Post Podcast we discuss:
PIXAR POST FORUM DISCUSSION
For each podcast, we’ll pick the most thought-provoking or interesting comments from the Pixar Post Forum to discuss on our podcast. This week we selected –
- Forum user TOM-4319 posted a comment regarding Pete Docter and Inside Out. He inquired about how the “emotion” characters could have a standard character arc (and learn something) if they are only one emotion each. We loved this question and expanded with our thoughts on how we think the emotions will evolve over time to become more balanced.
- We discuss the Disney Infinity section of the Forum and how you can now vote in polls. Our first poll asks what your favorite Disney Infinity playset is? Let us know and listen to our discussion regarding our favorite set.
- Our buying adventure and how we ended up buying almost every set and character.
- Characters and some basic tips.
- Basic info on the soon-to-be-released PC (online) and iPad versions of Disney Infinity releasing in October.
- Our review of the Pixar playsets in the game and what we liked and disliked.
- Why I think The Incredibles playset is the most valuable in the game.
- Toy Box discussions.
- Our review of the Nintendo Wii starter pack and the two main pitfalls of the Wii version.
- Our discussion as to why the Disney Infinity Official Game Guide is a must-have.
PIXAR POST CONTEST
- Our new contest is launching within a few days – listen to the podcast for a sneak peek of our next Disney Infinity-themed giveaway!
Updated – During the podcast, we had mentioned that the Play Station 4 will have USB 3.0 and that it wouldn’t work with the existing USB 2.0 Disney Infinity game base. Although we cannot be sure that your existing game base will work on the new Play Station 4, the connection won’t be an issue as it would have the same physical connection (though the speeds would be transfer at USB 2.0 speeds. Whoops – we forgot that the connection is the same size for both USB 2.0 and 3.0! Thanks to our listener, Jack, for pointing that out to us!
Listen to the episode using the embedded player below or subscribe on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, YouTube, or wherever you listen to podcasts.
You can do co-op on Wii you can press plus.
Ah – perfect! Thanks for the tip – I guess we just didn't dig into the settings deep enough! 🙂
Actually, after looking into this again…pressing \”plus\” doesn't work to add the second player in the Play Sets…but I was able to get it to work in the Toy Box mode. Details from the Disney Interactive support site are here – http://pxrpst.co/14kHcyXAn unfortunate limitation of the play sets for the Wii version (the Wii U version does not have this issue).