In episode 15 of the Pixar Post Podcast we discuss:
MONSTERS UNIVERSITY DETAILS
- Monsters University official backpack released.
- Monsters University world premiere in downtown Hollywood.
- Review and discussion with clips of the Monsters University soundtrack.
- Our movie review of Monsters University.
MONSTERS, INC. HISTORY DISCUSSION
We welcome back Jeff from This Day in Pixar for his great historical
- A brief overview of Pete Docter’s beginnings at Pixar and getting started on Monsters, Inc..
- The Hidden City Cafe connection & Jeff’s post of his visits to the cafe as well as its closure.
- Original Monsters, Inc. storylines changed quite drastically to get to the story we know and love today.
- Changes within the characters of Sulley, Mike, and Boo.
- Some of our favorite moments from the film.
- Longevity of Pixarians at the studio.
- The studios’ move from Point Richmond to Emeryville, California.
- The un-explained chimpanzee in the DVD extras.
- Technical elements that amazed us during the film.
- Two lawsuits really impacted the movie and potentially stalled the film’s release.
- Monsters, Inc. during the awards season.
EXTERNAL SOURCES WE REFERENCED FOR OUR DISCUSSION
Note: Pixar Post may receive a commission for items purchased through affiliate links in this article — we thank you for your support.