Do you recall when the Road To The Races tour was racing across the U.S. in anticipation of Cars 3 hitting theaters? This was a unique opportunity for fans to connect with life-sized versions of Lightning McQueen, Cruz Ramirez, and Jackson Storm as well as engage in other fun games and receive some promotional items for attending.
Well, Pixar is taking another tour — this time mirroring the RV road trip that Bonnie and her family go on that kicks off a series of events in Toy Story 4. Coming to twenty cities throughout the U.S., a fully-wrapped RV-themed after Toy Story 4 will offer great photo opportunities, prizes, carnival games, and lots of family-friendly fun (for free).
Two film ambassadors will be on hand to share details about fan-favorite characters—Woody, Buzz, Bo Peep—as well as new characters coming to the big screen—Forky, Bunny, Ducky, and Duke Caboom, among others.
Watch this quick commercial for the RV’s sponsor, Go RVing and then check and see if the Toy Story 4 RV will be stopping at a city near you (please double-check with your local area in case of any last-minute location changes).
TOUR DATES in 2019
- May 28 — Los Angeles, CA 12:00–1:30 PM at the UCLA Court of Sciences, Los Angeles, CA 90095
- May 29 — Phoenix, AZ
- June 1 — Dallas, TX 10:00 AM–2:00 PM at the West Plano Cinemark, 3800 Dallas Pkwy, Plano, TX 75093
- June 2 — San Antonio, TX 11:00 AM–2:00 PM at the San Antonio Market Square, 149 S. San Saba Street, San Antonio, TX 78207
- June 3 — Houston, TX 11:00 AM–2:00 PM at the Downtown Aquarium, 410 Bagby St, Houston, TX
- June 6 — Miami, FL 12:00–4:00 PM at the Miami Children’s Museum, 980 MacArthur Causeway, Miami, FL 33132
- June 11 — Atlanta, GA 3:00–7:00 PM at the Avalon, 400 Avalon Boulevard, Alpharetta, GA 30009
- June 13 — Washington, DC 10:00 AM–2:00 PM, Downtown Silver Spring, 900 Ellsworth Dr, Silver Springs, MD 20910.
- June 14 — Ocean City, NJ (previously listed as Philadelphia, PA) 4:30–8:30 PM at the Boardwalk in front of the Music Pier, 825 Boardwalk, Ocean City, NJ 08226
- June 16 — Boston, MA 10:00 AM–3:00 PM, at Sylvester Baxter Riverfront Park, 698 Assembly Row, Somerville, MA 02145
- June 18 — Cleveland, OH 10:30 AM–1:30 PM, at 200 Crocker Park Blvd, Westlake, OH 44145 (Near the BRIO restaurant).
- June 19 — Detroit, MI 12:00–3:00 PM at the MJR Troy Grand Digital Cinema 16, 100 E. Maple Rd, Troy, MI 48083
- June 20 — Elkhart, IN 9:00–11:00 AM at the RV/MH Hall of Fame, 21565 Executive Parkway, Elkhart, IN 46514
- June 21 — Chicago, IL 10:00 AM–2:00 PM at the Navy Pier (Polk Bros Park Promenade), 600 E Grand Ave, Chicago, IL 60611.
- June 22 — St. Louis, MO 10:00 AM–3:00 PM at the Kiener Plaza, 500 Chestnut St, St. Louis, MO 63101.
- June 23 — Kansas City, MO 10:00 AM–3:00 PM at the AMC Town Center 20, 11701 Nall Avenue, Leawood, KS 66211.
- June 26 — Denver, CO Times currently unknown, will be held at the Greek Amphitheatre at Civic Center Park, 150 W 14th Ave, Denver, CO 80204.
- June 28 — Salt Lake City, UT 11:00 AM–3:00 PM, Megaplex Theatres at Thanksgiving Point, 2935 North Thanksgiving Way, Lehi, UT 84043.
- June 30 San Francisco, CA Since the Pixar day tied to the San Francisco Giants will also be taking place this day, we assume it will be at Oracle Park.
GO RVING is providing the RV for the “Toy Story 4” Summer Road Trip. They’re teaming up with Disney and Pixar in celebration of the movie with an integrated marketing campaign to inspire RV travel that takes family and friends on unforgettable adventures – just like Bonnie’s family and the “Toy Story 4” friends. RV road trip adventures are as much about forming unbreakable bonds as the travel itself. Now in its 22nd year, Go RVing challenges Americans to ‘find their away’ and pursue their passions more frequently when they travel by RV. Formed by the RV manufacturers, dealers and campgrounds to educate consumers about the benefits of RV travel and camping, Go RVing shares its messages of self-exploration through travel to today’s hurried families and adventure-seekers. Road warriors can get their own RV adventure started by visiting GoRVing.com.
Pixar Post — T.J. & Julie