Disney Cruise Line and Pixar Animation Studios have teamed up to create a once-in-a-lifetime vacation experience featuring four unique cruise voyages immersing guests in both Disney and Pixar magic. Our previous post noted that the Disney Wonder will be decked out with Pixar from the bow to the stern – and now there is an off-ship adventure that continues the Pixar theme.
That adventure is a visit to the Lasseter Family Winery! John Lasseter’s winery is not open to the public and tours are only offered to VIPs or by invite-only, so this opportunity is worth its weight in gold. Not only do guests of these four Pixar cruises get to tour the Lasseter Family Winery, but you will also be treated to lunch by the lake on the property.
The cruise also includes many other unique Pixar experiences:
- Special presentations from Pixar filmmakers
- A sneak peek at the upcoming Disney/Pixar film Monsters University
- A marathon viewing of Disney/Pixar films and shorts
- Meet-and-Greet with popular Pixar characters
- An at-sea premiere of the Disney/Pixar film Finding Nemo 3D
- A special exhibition celebrating Pixar art and artists
- A keepsake lithograph drawn by a Pixar artist – to commemorate your cruise
- Plus, an on-board performance of Toy Story-The Musical, as well as other on-board favorites that will get a Pixar makeover.
This Pixar-themed cruise sounds like a dream and we truly wish that we were packing our bags and setting sail.